We will post any big news and updates here so make sure to check in regularly to see what is going on, you can also subscribe to receive email notifications when we post something new!
- Time to get Dancing: The Swing Commanders are back in town!Prepare for Europe’s No.1 Western Swing Band as they are coming back to the New Earswick Folk Hall once again! A mix of Swing, Jazz and Exquisite Harmonies to take you back to a wilder, more glamourous age! The Swing Commanders are back in town at the New Earswick Folk Hall for another of theirContinue reading “Time to get Dancing: The Swing Commanders are back in town!”
- New Sporting Memories Club at the Folk HallEvery Tuesday, 2pm – 3.30pm, you are welcome to come join us in the main hall to listen and share Sporting Memories with other older sports fans. So if you love talking sport come along! For more information, contact Barry: 01904 769621/Barry.Larner@jrht.org.uk
- Family Learning at WEA: FREE family pottery sessionCome and make your own clay based models with Family Learning at WEA, here at the Folk Hall, for Families Get Active! Book here for the FREE family pottery session at: New Earswick Folk Hall Saturday 25 March 2pm-4pm. https://enrolonline.wea.org.uk/Online/2022/CourseInfo.asp… Pre-registration only so that they know how much clay to bring for you. The caféContinue reading “Family Learning at WEA: FREE family pottery session”
- Folk Hall Green Hub Update: New Earswick Helping Hands and Rotary Shoe SwapThe Green Hub at the Folk Hall has had a big update! We are always looking at how we support people in the local community. This can be help with recycling, seed swaps, helping community groups or supporting local community initiatives. As part of this we have reviewed what we recycle here at the FolkContinue reading “Folk Hall Green Hub Update: New Earswick Helping Hands and Rotary Shoe Swap”
- Film at the Folk Hall presents Mrs Harris Goes to ParisThe first Film at the Folk Hall of the year is here! In 1950s London, a widowed cleaning lady falls madly in love with a couture Dior dress, deciding she must have one of her own. After working to raise the funds to pursue her dream, she embarks on an adventure to Paris that willContinue reading “Film at the Folk Hall presents Mrs Harris Goes to Paris”
- Join the JRHT Communities team as a Community Development OfficerThe JRHT Communities team is looking for someone to join them as a Community Development Officer! This role works with people and community groups who live in and around New Earswick, to build a strong and healthy community. The work involves supporting community groups and residents to develop and deliver activities that benefit the widerContinue reading “Join the JRHT Communities team as a Community Development Officer”
- Half Term Holiday Activity SessionWe will be running a Holiday Activity Session this coming February Half Term! Date: Thursday 16th February Time: 1pm – 2.30pm Where: New Earswick Folk Hall Come join in a fantastic session of creative storytelling from Mud Pie Arts! There will also be a free Drink, snack and a hot meal to take away asContinue reading “Half Term Holiday Activity Session”
- Folk Hall Cafe Launches a new Loyalty Card!Buy 6 Bean-to-cup Coffees or a Hot Chocolate and get one free on us! Throughout January to March the Folk Hall Cafe will be offering a Loyalty Card. You can collect 6 stamps and when you have filled your card, you can come and get a lovely fresh bean coffee or hot chocolate. Just bringContinue reading “Folk Hall Cafe Launches a new Loyalty Card!”
Enter your email address to receive email notifications of the latest New Earswick Folk Hall posts. You can unsubscribe at any time.
We have a range of social media presences, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, where we post constant updates and news. These include fantastic cakes made by the Cafe, local community updates, information about upcoming events, different groups that use our building plus opportunities to get involved and so much more. Make sure to follow us to keep up to date with the Folk Hall on goings!