We will post any big news and updates here so make sure to check in regularly to see what is going on, you can also subscribe to receive email notifications when we post something new!
- Folk Hall Family Christmas FilmIt’s that time of year again and we invite you to join us for our yearly Family Christmas Film. Come along to the Folk Hall on Sunday 17th December and enjoy a showing of The Grinch. There will be food available for all ticket holders, included in the cost of the ticket, for people toContinue reading “Folk Hall Family Christmas Film”
- Open House – Come along for a warm welcome and free refreshmentsOpen House is held weekly in the newly refurbished Discovery Room at the Folk Hall from 10am – 12noon every Thursday. All are welcome and will be greeted by a friendly face. Come along for a chat, enjoy free drinks, read a newspaper and find out what’s on . . . . . plus muchContinue reading “Open House – Come along for a warm welcome and free refreshments”
- Get Online – Digital Café coming to the Folk Hall!We are delighted to announce that Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust are partnering with Keeping Digital Foundation to launch one of their very successful Digital Cafes at the Folk Hall. Folk Hall Digital Cafe Where: Folk Hall, New Earswick, York First Cafe: 16 November 2023 | 10:00am – 12:00pm (on the third Thursday of every month) The DigitalContinue reading “Get Online – Digital Café coming to the Folk Hall!”
- Folk Hall Festive Fair!The Folk Hall Festive Fair is here! Coming at the end of November, join us for a festive festival with over 25 stalls and fun activities for everyone to enjoy. There will be a great mix of stalls from local sellers offering jewellery, candles, cakes, art, woodwork and more. There will also be lots ofContinue reading “Folk Hall Festive Fair!”
- NERF are off to the Christmas Panto at York Opera House!New Earswick Residents Forum (NERF), are off to the Christmas Panto at York Opera House! They have got tickets for Wednesday 13th December at 7pm, to see Robinson Crusoe and the Pirates of the River Ouse! All Tickets are £10 each and include a voucher for a free ice cream during the interval. Geoff willContinue reading “NERF are off to the Christmas Panto at York Opera House!”
- Disability Awareness Month Film – Special Screening of BreatheCome join us for a special showing of Breathe at the New Earswick Folk Hall, in celebration of Disability Awareness Month. After contracting polio at the age of 28, Robin Cavendish is confined to bed and given only months to live. But with the help of his wife Diana and her twin brothers, and theContinue reading “Disability Awareness Month Film – Special Screening of Breathe”
- Enjoy a Spooky Performance and Puppet Making this HalloweenWe will be running a Holiday Activity Session this coming spooky season! Date: Thursday 2nd November Time: 12.30pm – 2.00pm Where: New Earswick Folk Hall Come along and join Hoglets Theatre for a funny, energetic and spooky themed performance, followed by a puppet making workshop! All family members welcome for food and activities. Most suitableContinue reading “Enjoy a Spooky Performance and Puppet Making this Halloween”
- Black History Month Film – Special Screening of TillCome join us for a special showing of Till at the New Earswick Folk Hall, in celebration of Black History Month and it’s theme this year of Saluting our Sisters. Till is a profoundly emotional and cinematic film about the true story of Mamie Till Mobley’s relentless pursuit of justice for her 14 year oldContinue reading “Black History Month Film – Special Screening of Till”
Enter your email address to receive email notifications of the latest New Earswick Folk Hall posts. You can unsubscribe at any time.
We have a range of social media presences, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, where we post constant updates and news. These include fantastic cakes made by the Cafe, local community updates, information about upcoming events, different groups that use our building plus opportunities to get involved and so much more. Make sure to follow us to keep up to date with the Folk Hall on goings!